Author Meg Cabot revealed exclusively to The Wall Street Journal that she’ll be releasing two new Princess Diaries books in 2015. One is a middle-grade title featuring Mia’s long-lost half sister, and one will be an adult title focusing on Mia herself.
Ms. Cabot began working on “The Princess Diaries” spinoffs when she was in France last fall, on a yearlong sabbatical from writing that clearly didn’t stick. Since she had sworn off writing, she started sketching horses and other animals to amuse herself. Then, she saw a few news stories about Prince Albert of Monaco and the children he’s had out of wedlock, and imagined a scenario where Mia’s biracial half-sister, Olivia, is discovered. She decided to incorporate the drawings into Olivia’s notebook.
Read the full article here.
- More Princess Diaries Books Are Coming (jezebel.com)
- Book Review: The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot (thebookaddictblog.wordpress.com)
- ambern’s #CBR4 Review #20 Forever Princess by Meg Cabot (cannonballread4.wordpress.com)
- Princes and Princesses: They’re just like US! (forevertwentysomethings.com)
- The Un-Princess Diaries: How Meg Cabot’s Novels Inspired Me to Write (thekimberlydiaries.com)